2014 Labor Day Weekend Picnic
and Parish Fund Raiser
Sunday, August 31
* Mass celebrated at 8:30am
* Bake Shoppe Sales begin at 9:00am
* The Parade will start at 10:00am This year’s theme: “The Forbearers of the Forties.”
Parade entries will be judged, and prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners!
* Adult Raffle, Adult Bingo, and Cow Patty Bingo begin after the parade
* Roast Beef Dinner served from 11:00am - 2:00pm. $10 for adults;
$5 for those ten and younger
* Children’s Games, Water Events, Children’s Raffle, Children’s Bingo,
etc. start at 12:00 noon
* Auction begins at 1:00pm. Due to the large attendance at the auction, you are invited
to bring lawn chairs for your comfort
* A Hamburger Supper may be enjoyed from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. $4.00 each
(double meat $6.00).
* Try your luck at the Video Horse Races, starting at 7:00 p.m., or after the cattle auction.
Located at “Holy Family Downs” inside the Community Hall
Individuals and/or businesses are invited to donate towards the cost of the large rented items used for the Children’s Games. Contact Tanya Ethridge 945-2273; Meredith Hochstein 945-2318; or Kira Schulte 945-5437.
Each family is asked to donate:
1. One item for the Bake Shoppe
2. One item for the Children’s Bingo. Please drop the bingo prizes off at the parish office, the
Naz Stop, or Between Friends no later than Friday, August 29. (All games of the Adult Bingo
will be cash prizes — 2 cards for $1.00)
Please Note: The Parish Council will be purchasing items for the Children’s Raffle. Please give your donations to the Children’s Bingo.
Dinner donations of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, watermelons and cantaloupes will be greatly appreciated. Call Debbie King 945-2248 or Nikki Wethington 945-2368.
The Hamburger Supper needs tomatoes and onions. Contact Mona Schulte 945-2226 or Karleen Hoelting 945-2267.
If you have large items to be placed on the Trailer Auction, or cattle to donate to the Livestock Auction, contact Brian Ramaekers 647-7372 or any Parish Council member!